Get Signed Up, Print Stuff Out
The 2013 Alan Ross Texas Freedom Parade is scheduled to occur on September 15th of 2013 at 2:00 PM. This event is open to all members (and friends) of the Metroplex Atheists and DFW Coalition of Reason.
- Read the Rules - Click "What to (Not) Do" at the top of this page. I'll know if you didn't!
- Join the Event - Get yourself signed up at the Facebook event page.
- Look at Maps - Click "How to Get There" for information on parking, the staging area, and our drop-off / pick-up points.
- Check the Schedule - Click "When to Show Up" for important dates and times.
Ain't Nobody Got Time For That
Suit yourself! Here's a quick run-down of the bare minimum you need to know:
- Park at the Market Center DART Station. Buy a transit ticket and leave the receipt on your dashboard.
- Walk to the staging area at the interesection of Cedar Springs and Douglas Avenue.
- Don't talk to protestors, do not throw things, do not swear or make obscene gestures, and do not take your clothes off.
- Meet the pick-up group at Robert E Lee Park for a ride back to the DART station.
- If you have any other questions or need my phone number, find me on Facebook and send me a private message, or email me at email@example.com
- If you've never met me before and want to find me on parade day, look for the 7' tall rainbow drag queen that is stomping around in the staging area.
A Few More Things
- The parade theme this year is Deep in the Heart of Pride, so bring your pile of gay cowbay hats.
- Bring and drink lots of water, it's going to be hot!
- Bring some sunscreen too. An umbrella is a fabulous choice if you don't want to feel all slimy.
- Bring your own snacks - we will not be providing lunch or dinner.
- We will have one support vehicle that can hold three to four people that or unable to walk the entire parade route on their own.
- Show your atheist and LGBTQ pride by wearing a t-shirt. This is your time to shine!