Get Signed Up, Print Stuff Out
The 2013 Tarrant County Gay Pride Parade is scheduled to occur on October 5th of 2013 at 12:00 PM. This event is open to all members (and friends) of the Metroplex Atheists and DFW Coalition of Reason.
- Read the Rules - Click "What to (Not) Do" at the top of this page.
- Join the Event - Get yourself signed up at the Facebook event page.
- Look at Maps - Click "How to Get There" for information on parking, the staging area, and our drop-off / pick-up points.
- Check the Schedule - Click "When to Show Up" for important dates and times.
Here's a quick run-down of the bare minimum you need to know:
- Park in one of the available parking areas..
- Walk to the staging area at the interesection of TX-347 Spur (East Weatherford Street) and Burnett Street.
- Don't talk to protestors, do not throw things, do not swear or make obscene gestures, and do not take your clothes off.
- Observe the moment of silence at or near 12:08PM.
- Join us at the street festival near the intersection of 8th Street and Main Street. You could be the atheist in the "Hug an Atheist" event! Oh boy!
- If you have any other questions or need my phone number, find me on Facebook and send me a private message, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you've never met me before and want to find me on parade day, look for the 7' tall zombie rainbow drag queen that is stomping around in the staging area.
A Few More Things
- The parade theme this year is Pride 365. All holiday wear is acceptable.
- It might rain or it might be hot. Either way, bring an umbrella.
- Don't forget your sunscreen.
- Bring your own snacks - we will not be providing lunch or dinner.
- We will have one support vehicle that can hold three to four people that or unable to walk the entire parade route on their own.
- Show your atheist and LGBTQ pride by wearing a t-shirt. This is your time to shine!